Discover a new you with a healthy lifestyle change
Isotonix® Advanced B-Complex
$1.60 AUD Cashback
This product qualifies for free or reduced cost shipping. Learn More
- Supports energy levels
- Promotes cognitive performance
- Supports cardiovascular system health
- Supports healthy stress response in the body
- Assists in healthy red blood cell production
- Supports nervous system function
- Helps decrease homocysteine levels
- Supports blood vessel health
- Helps enhance general health and wellbeing
- One serving supplies over 100 percent of RDI of eight key B vitamins, including vitamins B2, B6, and B12 to ensure maximum utilisation by the body for optimal results
- Supplementation is ideal when dietary B vitamin intake is inadequate; as B vitamins found in food are easily destroyed by food preparation, cooking and alcohol.
- Busy lifestyles, stress, fasting, certain diets, and weight-loss can cause Vitamin B deficiencies, hence supplementing is essential
- B vitamins are needed to support many vital bodily functions and should be replenished on a daily basis
- This vegan product contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, artificial flavour, salt, preservatives or milk
- Offered with the fastest and most efficient delivery system of all nutraceuticals – Isotonix
Vegan - This product is vegan
Isotonic-Capable Drinkable Supplements - Easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Quality Standards - GMP Operations and Standardised Ingredients
Checked For: Heavy Metals, Microbiological Contaminants, Allergens, Potency, Purity and Identity
Why Choose Isotonix Advanced B-Complex?
Vitamin B benefits go way beyond energy. A vitamin B-complex is a mixture of the eight essential B-vitamins that play a critical role in metabolism at the cellular level. Isotonix Advanced B-Complex is an isotonic-capable combination of the essential B vitamins with magnesium, which work synergistically to promote a myriad of health benefits and biological processes in the body. A lack of vitamin B in your regimen may impact your physical health in different ways. B vitamin deficiency can lead to fatigue and lethargy, which is why B-complex supplements are excellent energy boosters and anti-stress formulas. Isotonix Advanced B-Complex also promotes normal cognitive performance, cardiovascular health, healthy red blood cell production, supports nervous system function among other health benefits for maintaining long term health. Because many vegetarian diets are lacking in the essential B-vitamins, Isotonix Advanced B-Complex helps meet the need for B-vitamins for vegetarians.
Isotonix Delivery System
Biotin (Vitamin B7)
Biotin can be found in food sources, such as egg yolks, peanuts, beef liver, milk, cereals, almonds and Brewer’s yeast. Biotin promotes healthy cell growth, the production of fatty acids, metabolism of fats and amino acids. It supports the citric acid cycle, which is the process in which energy is generated during exercise. Biotin is also helpful in maintaining steady blood sugar levels. Biotin is often recommended for strengthening hair and nails.
Folic acid (folate) (Vitamin B9)
Folic acid is mainly found in fruits and vegetables. Dark, leafy greens, oranges, orange juice, beans, peas and Brewer’s yeast are the best sources. Folic acid plays a key role by boosting the benefits of B12 supplementation. These two B vitamins join forces and work together in maintaining normal red blood cells. Folic acid assists in the normal utilization of amino acids and proteins, as well as supporting the construction of the material for DNA and RNA synthesis, which is necessary for all bodily functions. Scientific studies have found that when working in tandem with folic acid, B12 is capable of promoting normal homocysteine levels. This works toward supporting a healthy cardiovascular and nervous system.
Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)
Thiamin promotes normal carbohydrate metabolism and nerve function. Thiamin is required for a healthy nervous system, and supports the production of certain neurotransmitters which have an important role in muscle function. It supports the digestive process, increases energy and helps promote mental clarity.
Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is an important vitamin found in animal products, especially organ meats, such as liver, with small amounts derived from peanuts and fermented soy products, such as miso and tempeh. It is essential that vegetarians consume a vitamin B12 supplement to maintain optimal health. Vitamin B12, when ingested, is stored in the liver and other tissues for later use. It supports the maintenance of cells, especially those of the nervous system, bone marrow and intestinal tract. Vitamin B12 is important in homocysteine metabolism (homocysteine is an amino acid that is formed within the body). Normal homocysteine levels are important for maintaining cardiovascular health. Deficiencies of the vitamins folic acid, pyridoxine (B6) or cobalamin (B12) can result in elevated levels of homocysteine. Folate and B12, in their active coenzyme form, are both necessary cofactors for the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, thus helping to maintain healthy blood levels of homocysteine.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
Riboflavin is found in liver, dairy products, dark green vegetables and some types of seafood. Vitamin B2 serves as a coenzyme, working with other B vitamins. It promotes healthy red blood cell formation, supports the nervous system, respiration, antibody production and normal human growth. It supports healthy skin, nails, hair growth and helps regulate thyroid activity (a healthy thyroid is essential in maintaining a healthy weight, among other things). Vitamin B2 plays a crucial role in turning food into energy as a part of the electron transport chain, driving cellular energy on the micro-level. Riboflavin can be useful for pregnant or lactating women, as well as athletes due to their higher caloric needs. Vitamin B2 also aids in the breakdown of fats. Vitamin B2 is water-soluble and cannot be stored by the body except in insignificant amounts. It must be replenished daily.
Nicotinaminde (Vitamin B3)
Nicotinaminde, also known as niacinamide is the amide of nicotinic acid (vitamin B3 / niacin). Niacin is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for many aspects of health, growth and reproduction. Niacin supports the proper functioning of the digestive system, skin and nerves. It is also important for the conversion of food to energy. Niacin is found in dairy products, poultry, fish, lean meats, nuts, eggs, legumes, and enriched breads and cereals.
Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
Pantothenic acid (B5) promotes proper neurotransmitter activity in the brain. Pantothenic acid is also known as the anti-stress vitamin because it detoxifies brain tissue, helps relieve physical and emotional stress, and promotes the secretion of hormones essential for optimal health.
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
Poultry, fish, whole grains and bananas are the main dietary sources of vitamin B6. B6 is a co-factor required for protein and amino acid metabolism, and helps maintain proper fluid balance. It also assists in the maintenance of healthy red and white blood cells, which keeps our body healthy. Vitamin B6 is required for hemoglobin synthesis (hemoglobin is the protein portion of red blood cells which carries oxygen throughout the body). Because vitamin B6 is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters in the brain and nerve cells, it has been recommended as a nutrient to enhance mental function, specifically mood. Athletic supplements often include vitamin B6 because it promotes the conversion of glycogen to glucose for energy in muscle tissue. Vitamin B6, when taken with folic acid, has been shown to help maintain normal plasma levels of homocysteine, which promotes optimal cardiovascular health. Vitamin B6 should be administered as a part of a complex of other B-vitamins for best results.
Foods rich in magnesium include unpolished grains, nuts and green vegetables. Green, leafy vegetables are potent sources of magnesium because of their chlorophyll content. Meats, starches, milk, refined and processed foods contain low amounts of magnesium.
Magnesium is a component of the mineralized part of bone, and promotes the normal metabolism of potassium and calcium in adults. It helps maintain normal levels of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, adrenaline and insulin. It also supports the transportation of calcium inside the cell for utilization. Magnesium plays a key role in the functioning of muscle and nervous tissue, and the synthesis of all proteins, nucleic acids, nucleotides, fats and carbohydrates. Magnesium helps slow the aging process by combating oxidative stress.
Magnesium is required for releasing energy from food during metabolism, regulation of body temperature, proper nerve function and helping the body handle stress. Importantly, magnesium is also required by the body to build healthy bones, teeth and normal muscle development. It works together with calcium and vitamin D to help keep bones strong. Magnesium, when combined with calcium, helps support the heart muscle in maintaining a regular heartbeat and promoting normal blood pressure.
These 9 ingredients, combined with the superior delivery of Isotonix, create a powerhouse B vitamin product superior to the rest on the market. Isotonix Advanced B-Complex delivers all of the B vitamins to help provide the body with the necessary and important B vitamins for overall health.
What is the dosage? How do I take this product?
Pour 1 level, white bottle capful of powder into the overcap. Add water to the line on the overcap (60 ml) water and stir for 1 dose. Drink immediately after mixing is complete. As a dietary supplement, take once daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach. This product is isotonic only if the specified amounts of water and powder are used.
Is it a vegetarian product?
Isotonix Advanced B-Complex is a vegetarian product and contains no wheat, gluten, soy, yeast, artificial flavour, salt, preservatives or milk.
Why are B-vitamins so important in the aging process?
The ability to absorb B-vitamins naturally decreases with age, and various indicators of cognitive impairment are associated with reduced B-vitamin levels. The elderly in general suffer from a reduction in sense of taste and thus appetite and may use many acid reducing medicines that predispose them to B12 deficiency. According to Robert M. Russell of the U.S. RDA’s Human Nutrition Center on Aging at Tufts University, vitamin B12 is probably the single most important nutrient adversely affected by aging. Vitamin B12 is at once an incredibly difficult nutrient to assimilate and digest as well as one of the most important vitamins for a broad range of bodily functions including optimal functioning of the nervous system, normal DNA and RNA synthesis, optimal energy production and healthy blood integrity.
I am young and healthy. Why should I take Advanced B-Complex?
Health experts estimate that one in five adults is deficient in one of the B-vitamins. Absorption of vitamin B12 is a complex process, which can lead to B12 deficiency. Keep in mind that even in a healthy person’s gastrointestinal tract, there are always other proteins and vitamins competing for absorption alongside vitamin B12, which is so large and complex that it very often must struggle for entrance into the bloodstream.
Specifically at risk for deficiency are vegetarians, heavy drinkers, those who take a lot of prescription or over-the-counter drugs, those with digestive disorders, pernicious anemia, recipients of gastric bypass surgery and those with poor diets. A vitamin B-complex is great for athletes, especially endurance athletes who need a natural boost of energy before a workout, due to its beneficial effects promoting the oxygenation of red blood cells.
What is the source of the vitamin B12 in our Isotonix Advanced B-Complex?
Vitamin B-12 comes from bacteria and is not synthesised by plants or animals. Humans can get an adequate amount of B12 by taking supplements or by eating eggs or meats. Since many vegans and vegetarians eat neither eggs nor meat, it is recommended that they especially take a Vitamin B dietary supplement.
Is it toxic to take too much vitamin B12?
Studies have found no confirmed reports of toxic side effects from heightened servings of vitamin B12. However, you should only take Isotonix Advanced B-Complex as directed on the bottle.
Are there any warnings or contraindications for Isotonix Advanced B-Complex?
If you are currently using prescription medications, have an ongoing medical condition, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare provider before using this product. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner. Contains Gluten.
- Benton D., et al. Thiamine supplementation for mood and cognitive functioning. Psychopharmacology. 129(1):66-71, 1997.
- Benton, D., et al. The effects of nutrients on mood. Public Health Nutr. 2(3A):403-409, 1999.
- Bhagavan, H. N., et al. The effect of pyridoxine hydrochloride on blood serotonin and pyridoxal phosphate contents in hyperactive children. Pediatrics. 55(3):437-441, 1975.
- Bronstrup A, Hages M, Prinz-Langenohl R, Pietrzik K. Effects of folic acid and
- Bryan, J., et al. Associations between dietary intake of folate and vitamins B-12 and B-6 and self-reported cognitive function and psychological well-being in Australian men and women in midlife. J Nutr Health Aging. 8(4):226-232, 2004.
- Bryan, J., et al. Short-term folate, vitamin B-12 or vitamin B-6 supplementation slightly affects memory performance but not mood in women of various ages. Journal of Nutrition. 132(6):1345-1356, 2002.
- combinations of folic acid and vitamin B12 on plasma homocysteine concentrations in healthy young women. Am J Clin Nutr 68:1104-10, 1998.
- Coppen, A., et al. Plasma folate and affective morbidity during long-term lithium therapy. Br J Psychiatry. 141:87-89, 1982.
- Cummings, P. M., et al. Effect of folic acid and antioxidant vitamins on endothelial dysfunction in patients with coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 36:758-765, 2000.
- Dharmarajan, T. S., et al. Vitamin B12 deficiency. Recognizing subtle symptoms in older adults. Geriatrics. 58(3):30-34, 2003.
- Doshi, S. N., et al. Folic acid improves endothelial function in coronary artery disease via mechanisms largely independent of homocysteine lowering. Circulation. 105(1):22-26, 2002.
- Duthie, S. J., et al. Homocysteine, B vitamin status, and cognitive function in the elderly. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 75(5):908-913, 2002.
- Friso, S., et al. Low plasma vitamin B-6 concentrations and modulation of coronary artery disease risk. Am J Clin Nutr. 79(6):992-998, 2004.
- Grant, J. E., et al. Analysis of dietary intake and selected nutrient concentrations in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J Am Diet Assoc. 96(4):383-386, 1996.
- Hartvig, P., et al. Pyridoxine effect on synthesis rate of serotonin in the monkey brain measured with position emission tomography. Neural Trans. 102:91-97, 1995.
- Heap, L. C., et al. Vitamin B status in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J R Soc Med. 92(4):183-185, 1999.
- Heseker, H., et al. Psychological disorders as early symptoms of a mild-to-moderate vitamin deficiency. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 669:352-357, 1992.
- Jacobson, W., et al. Serum folate and chronic fatigue syndrome. Neurology. 43:2645-2647, 1993.
- Kelly, G. S. Nutritional and botanical interventions to assist with the adaptation to stress. Alternative Medicine Review.4(4):249-265, 1999.
- Litoff, D., et al. Effects of pantothenic acid supplementation on human exercise. Med Sci Sport Exercise., 17(Supplement):287, 1985.
- Osada, K., et al. Experimental study of fatigue provoked by biotin deficiency in mice. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 74(5):334-340, 2004.
- Quadri, P., et al. Homocysteine, folate, and vitamin B-12 in mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer disease, and vascular dementia. Am J Clin Nutr. 80(1):114-122, 2004.
- Riggs, K. M., et al. Relations of vitamin B-12, vitamin B-6, folate, and homocysteine to cognitive performance in the Normative Aging Study. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 63(3):306-314, 1996.
- Van den Berg M., et al. Combined vitamin B-6 plus folic acid therapy in young patients with arteriosclerosis and hyperhomocysteinemia. Journal Vascular Surgery. 20(6):933-940, 1994.
- van Oort FV, Melse-Boonstra A, Brouwer IA, et al. Folic acid and reduction of plasma homocysteine concentrations in older adults: a dose-response study. 77:1318-23, 2003.
- Vargiu, R., et al. Enhancement of muscular performance by a coformulation of propionyl-L-carnitine, coenzyme Q(10), nicotinamide, riboflavin and pantothenic acid in the rat. Physiol Behav. 76(2):257-63, 2002.
- Wald DS, Bishop L, Wald NJ, et al. Randomized trial of folic acid supplementation and serum homocysteine levels. Arch Intern Med 61:695-700, 2001.
- Werbach, M. R. Nutritional strategies for treating chronic fatigue syndrome. Alternative Medicine Review. 5(2):93-108, 2000.
- Woo, K. S., et al. Long-term improvement in homocysteine levels and arterial endothelial function after 1-year folic acid supplementation. American Journal of Medicine. 112(7):535-539, 2002.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 12
Bye bad mood, changed to a happy person! I take 2x servings of b complex each morning and I lasted the day without having to drink any coffee. Energy booster too!
By Jonie Lin on 10/09/2020
Excellent product! Love it!
Best B-complex I’ve taken so far!
Loved this Isotonix Advanced B-complex as it helps me with my fatigue, improves my mood, keeps me more alert at work and gives me more energy when I go cycling and exercise.
Changed my moods and stress level for the better!
I was taking this routinely as part of my daily essential kit supplements until one day I ran out - I was too busy to get another bottle so just went without it. I kept procrastinating for about a month - little did I realise I the stress I was facing daily was affecting me; I was getting moodier, grumpier, more irritable and impatient - a dark cloud gradually descended on me until I decide to resume taking it again - I felt the difference to my disposition within a few hours and gradually my moods lifted and stress levels dropped and more importantly my ability to deal with daily stress improved and the clouds gradually lifted! Amaxing! If I didn’t stop and then resume I Woukdn’thave believed it! Highly recommend ❤️👍🏻😃